Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Energy Bus - Rule #2

The bus is moving right along!
What's rule #2 in Jon Gordon's 10 rules to fuel your life, work and team with positive energy?


Desire, Vision and Focus Move Your Bus in the Right Direction

Once we regain the position as the driver of our bus, we must possess the desire, vision and focus in order for the bus to move in the right direction.  I believe that desire is fueled by passion; vision fueled by knowing what we want and focus is fueled by combining the passion and the vision for our lives to keep us going.


Desireto wish or long for; crave; want; a longing or craving, as for 
something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment; something desired.


Visionthe act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be; something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience; 
to envision.


Focusa central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity; to concentrate;  to become focused.
(all definitions courtesy of www.dictionary.com)


When you combine these three elements together, you will be unstoppable! Jon Gordon says: "each day...focus on your vision for 10 minutes and see yourself creating everything you wrote down...there is the law of energy (page 42)."  The Law of Attraction is simple:  the more that we focus on something, the more it manifests in our lives.  So what is the key to rule #2?  Focus on our desires and the vision that we have set forth for our lives and allow that focus to navigate our bus!  If we want good things in our lives, focus and speak only those things that we want.  What we focus on and what we talk about is what will enter our lives -- both good and bad!


"...when you complain you get more things to complain about." (page 43)


Why rehearse those things that we don't want and fuel our lives with negative energy? We could easily infuse our lives with positive energy by focusing on and talking about the things that we do want.  Now that we have grasped the concept of driving our own bus, Jon Gordon wants us to understand the importance of focus.  Once we have our the vision for our lives -- and only our vision! -- we can use that to navigate our bus in the right direction.  Just as it is dangerous to have a bus with the wrong driver (or no driver), it's dangerous to drive the bus without a route in mind.  Refer to the exercise on page 31 and make sure that your vision is clear and written out.


So FOCUS!!!!  Keep your desires and vision in the forefront of your mind and on the tip of your tongue.  Remember, the law of attraction is in action and you don't want your bus to get a citation for violating the law!


Keep reading and keep we'll discuss Rule #3 in a few days!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this rule yet it is hard to do. I am finding it hard to sit for 10 minutes and focus on my vision. I know that I need to; it is definately something that I have never done. So I am at the point of forcing myself every day to focus on my vision. What has helped is putting it in my face. I have typed them up and they are posted on my closet door. So when I wake up it is literally the first thing I see so I have been able to focus on them even for a few minutes. I also do focus on my vision while I am running in the morning. That is my quiet/focusing time. I am alone, it's quiet. All I hear is myself breathing so I guess it it going better than I initially said :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has proven to be difficult for me as well......it's so vitally important but it's been tough. It's one of those things that has to become a habit and then it will just be a characteristic. Gotta focus!

    ReplyDelete