Saturday, January 1, 2011

What's the Point?

1/1/11. Good time to start something new, right? Of course!! Is it a cliche? OF COURSE! However, some things are good to keep as a cliche. So here I am...starting something new on the first day of the new year. After a few months of thinking, praying and deciding how to do it, here I am.

The Premise
Everyone starts out a new year with resolutions, new choices and goals in mind. Those things are always aimed at bettering ones self and ones life during the course of the upcoming year. I had the thought of what about bettering myself while taking others along for the ride. I wanted to read a new book every month of 2011 and share that experience with others. An online book club. Anyone that wants to come along for the ride can and they will reap the benefits of the contents of the selected books and the comments from other readers. Anyone that doesn't want to read, can still follow along with the updates and postings.

The Selections
Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a Christian and believe very strongly in the power of having a relationship with Christ. This year long journey will not strictly consist of Christian based topics, books or authors though. I am a Christian that also believes very strongly in the power of BALANCE. So, with that being said, the book selections will be balanced as well. Thankfully the calendar is nice and even, so I will make 6 book selections that are spiritually based and 6 that are practical books to improve all areas of life. For anyone that wants to be a part of this, book suggestions are ALWAYS welcome. I have some FANTASTIC ideas already in mind but will remain open to others!!

The Jump Off
So, January, you have been assigned a WONDERFUL book on the power of positivity. It is entitled The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon. This book is in the hands of every person in a leadership at my company. Since I work for a group of leaders that I admire and a company that is continuing to grow, increase and expand, I figure that a book that they suggest is definitely worth my time. I will be posting throughout the month little nuggets and opinions from and about the book.

The Beginning
Let's go!!! I'm getting on the Energy Bus and riding into 2011!!!

1 comment: